While our ministries have been restricted due to COVID precautions. We have been continuing our mission to 'feed my sheep' through a contactless collection of food takes place in the parking lot.
These collections take place on every other Saturday morning from 11 am - 12 pm. See Upcoming Events on our WELCOME page for the date of the next collection.
You can make a donation of needed items through an Amazon Shepherd's Table Wishlist. When you buy from the Wishlist, have your purchase sent to The Shepherd's Table, 8106 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910
There are now volunteer opportunities at Shepherd's Table, however, for the safety of volunteers and clients there are volunteer restrictions in place. Click here to review them.
How Can I Help?
During this challenging time with a pandemic, longtime racial issues coming to the forefront, and an upcoming election, many of us are looking for ways in which we can use our time and energy to "seek to serve Christ in all persons" through concrete actions. Our Deacon and the Social Ministries Group have pulled together a list of organizations engaged in social justice and racial equity that speak to our hearts and that need our help. A number of them follow, with a quick summary of each.
1. Episcopal Public Policy Network A grassroots network of Episcopalian dedicated to carrying out the Baptismal Covenant call to "strive for justice and peace" through the active ministry of public policy advocacy. signup,
2. Poor People's Campaign This is the Rev. William Barber's group. Their goal is to reach people in a variety of ways to encourage them to vote. additional info
3. SURJ (Showing Up for Racial Justice) A national network of groups and individuals working to undermine white supremacy and to work for racial justice through community organizing, mobilizing, and education. There are local chapters in Montgomery County and DC. facebook, surgedc
4. Bend the Arc - Jewish Action Their goal is to stand with communities under attack through phone banks, post card writing, holding elected officials accountable, etc. You do not need to be Jewish to join. information
5. CASA de Maryland Advocacy and assistance for Latino and immigrant communities in the DMV: healthcare, employment, housing, language/literacy, citizenship and legal services. website
6. Center Global (website) Local organization that welcomes and supports LGBTQ asylum-seekers who have fled persecution in more than 50 countries. Provides free legal services in partnership with Immigration Equality (website)